This dip is a great energy-boosting snack to keep you studying long and hard, helping you combat mid-day hunger. The ginger improves circulation and increases energy while the edamame contains protein and fiber along with various minerals to mentally prepare you for the struggles ahead. Pair this tangy dip with rice crackers or carrot sticks for even more flare! by Karina Lieb
Adapted from EatingWell
- 8 ounces frozen shelled edamame
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
1. Cook edamame according to package’s directions.
2. Puree the cooked edamame, water, soy sauce, ginger, vinegar, tahini, garlic, salt and hot sauce in a food processor until smooth. Chill for 1 hour before serving.